Saturday, November 21, 2015

Thoughts

It was raining real hard outside; the husband was just sitting there doing nothing (as always) and I thought to myself, “Damn, there’d be too much traffic tomorrow morning. I should leave earlier to office than usual. Maybe I should make Aalu bajji or something. Vengaaya bajji would be awesome too. Or use both aalu and onion and make bonda. Yum! Thinking about which, a cup of hot chocolate or coffee would be a perfect match.”

The thought about hot chocolate led to the memories of weekend afternoons when my husband and I would walk over to the nearest Café Coffee Day and spend our time talking away about technology or business ventures that never took off.

The thought about weekend afternoons led to memories of umpteen bike rides to the airport just to have a cup of coffee from Maiyas and enjoy the view. Those were the times when Sidhu was not there and we could just decide and head out in a matter of minutes without having to worry about carrying diapers and bottles and rubber sheets and what not.

The thought about Sidhu reminded me to check on him – had he woken up? Perhaps he had crawled over to the edge of the bed? Damn, the bed is too high. I should probably order a play pen or a wooden crib for him right away. Thinking of wooden furniture, I should ask Sabal to take the car and drive us to Channapatna and get for Sidhu a walker.

Thinking about Channapatna, I should also buy some wooden toys for Navaratri next year. Even though it is a whole year away, I don’t know if I would be able to go all the way to Channapatna before that.

Thinking about Navaratri, how nice it would be if Sidhu were a girl baby! I would have dressed her up in pattu pavada chattai and decorated her hair with flowers and took her to see Golu to all my relatives’ and neighbours’ houses and after a few years, maybe teach her to sing songs and all.



Sigh… I looked at my husband. I asked him what he was thinking. He said, “Nothing.” NOTHING? How can anyone not think of anything? Somebody answer me before my next train of thoughts begin. 

5 comments:

  1. If yr husband did not think anything by that time then it means he might have done with vipasana meditation I guess .

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are you looking for the best Bulk SMS Service Provider in Delhi NCR? Bulksms In Delhi is a leading sms provider company in Delhi ncr. We are one of the top most providers of sms service. Get the best bulk sms in Delhi. Contact us today for Bulk sms service in NCR.
    https://www.bulksmsindelhi.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sending bulk sms is one of the simplest and most effective ways to boost your business' communication needs. By consolidating all your sms sending into one go, you can save both time and money.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The smart drug is popular with high-achievers who require extra focus for their work. Armodafinil has legions of fans worldwide including CEOs, grad students, air traffic controllers, and even Presidents.

    For Visit:

    Visit Website: Buy ArModafinil

    Visit Website: Buy Modafinil

    ReplyDelete

What do you think?