1. I get bored at home. We stay far away from our families and it just gets boring at home.
- Really? What about taking up some hobby? I mean, there are so many great books to be read, so many interesting movies to be watched. You could learn to play some music instrument; you could join a gym/yoga class. You could actually clean your room.
- But then, hey, the guy I am talking about is someone who hasn’t heard/read anything beyond Telugu – and I have nothing against Telugu. I consider Telugu to be one of the sweetest sounding languages. And the fact that the guy is not well-read or well-informed is more the reason why he should start reading at least now. Better late than never, right?
- You stay at office so you can watch utterly stupid videos on youtube for free? Or checking out your own Shaadi.com profile (coz trust me, no one else will, if you continue to stay glued to your computer).
- What about going home and getting freshened up and heading out for a walk? Believe me when I say the world has more things to teach you than the world wide web.
- Hell, go to a bar with your friends!
- Huh? Haven’t you heard of ‘Nair Tea Shop’ which is there in every gali of every city in the world? (I love Nair Tea Shops – they are the best!!!) It is an understatement to say that I think you are pathetic enough not to spend Rs.5/- (or less, depending on the size of the shop) and rather prefer staying at office to drink free chai!
- The company pays you well enough to buy a chai/coffee for yourself, I am sure!
- Hmmmm, errrr, hmmm… What were you doing since morning? Don’t tell me you worked the entire 9.5hrs and had no time at all for reading a newspaper.
- Unnoda kadamai unarchikku oru alave illaya da?
- Oooooh okay, dude! Chill… It is not my problem. If it is anybody’s, it is yours. Remain the pathetic guy that doesn’t have a life outside of office!
- I pity the one you are going to get married to, though.
- Well, you got me. I have nothing to say about this. If staying late at work is what your heart desires (yuck), then so be it.
- That is one statement that makes Sandhya go mute! You have achieved it, big boy!!!
So people, just make sure you are not the guy in question. I have nothing against people staying back at office after work hours if situation demands it or if there is any pending work to be completed. But otherwise, is it really necessary for you to remain at office and not have time for your family and friends and pets?
Have any of your friends told you genuine/whacky reasons as to why they stay late at work?